Even though you don’t think you need to do any research on the home you want to write an offer on it’s not a good idea. You may save yourself lots of time and money if you take a few steps before writing your offer by using the guidelines listed below. Doing Research Means Saving Money. You definitely will have less stress in your life if you do.
If you want to place an offer on a house, doing some research on 5 aspect of buying a home first will immensely help you to understand what you are trying to purchase. It also will help you structure a proper offer. If you do some research where you want to live will give you a better picture of your future neighborhood, community and neighbors.
Buying a home is not the time to take your decisions lightly. You may find out if you do that this information would have changed your decision to buy. Problem is it will be after you have closed your escrow and too late. The five things to research are as follows:
1. Job Stability: You can research this at www.bls.gov if you find there are no jobs you may want to pass on that particular community. If you don’t have a job how will you be able to pay your mortgage?
2. Recent Sales Activity: Although, what homes in the area have sold for is very important, Sales Volume equally is important. It shows if homes buyers want to live in a particular area of town you are considering or not. If no one wants to live there why would you want to live there?
3. Number of Building Permits: This registers the active builder’s sentiments and future housing activity. It stands to reason, for people who make their living from selling homes, they would NOT put their money in an area if they didn’t think they couldn’t make a profit down the road.
4. Who has the best loans: Where can you find the best home loan for your needs? Is it better at a local bank? Your local credit union? Maybe the current “Big 4” institutional lenders are the answer. Get on the phone and dial for dollars to find the answer. Your Realtor may be a good source too for names and numbers.
5. Anecdotal Evidence: Home buyers can easily find homes that are for sale online or driving around on Sunday afternoons. A resource a home buyer has available to them for local ability and guidance is the area Realtor. A Realtor not only gathers facts to your particular needs but also has knowledge of some home before they’re entered into the MLS. Realtors will help shorten your real estate learning curve with their insight and local contacts.
Using these 5 actions items to help you buy a home will be valuable to you. They will aid you in making the best decision possible when buying your home. A little research will make your transition into your new home easier, quicker, and with fewer hurdles to jump.
If you would like to look at neighborhoods and the houses in them then click on the orange button to the right. Here is a list of home For Free on the MLS. All you need to do is fill in the criteria in the various boxes so you can narrow your search down to what you want not a bunch of homes. It easy but if you have any problems email me or text me and I will help you out. My numbers and addresses are below in my information section.
Thank you.Tags: building, buy, buying, cliff, condo, home, homes, House, houses, housing, job, keith, permits, realtor, recent, sale, sales, sell, selling, sotheby's, stability